Sunday, January 4, 2015

New fighting game related blog

Since I play/talk about/think about fighting games all the time, I'm gonna catalogue my writings/findings/journey.

This is the first post that no-one will read so it's just for me to write down some shit.

1. Skullgirls things

This is my primary game, due to lively online scene and GGPO netcode. I'm gonna try go through the characters I play and write down everything I know about them, from basic bnbs to resets to pressure and neutral game. Will post things to Skullheart when compete.

2. 3S things

3S has a sleeper scene that needs some coaxing out - but there's no shortage of poeple who actually want to play 3S. It gets numbers at majors (somehow????) so it should be able to get numbers at locals. It would be good to do solid breakdowns of the game, since there is a REALLY SERIOUS LACK of 3S write-ups. For some reason the most thorough write up for 3S on the SRK wiki is for fucking Ibuki... if we could get writeups for tournament relevant characters that would be great.

3. Other offline games SF4, Xrd, UMVC3, everything that I can not be fucked playing Offline due to lag and have to play at home will get less coverage since I have less opportunities to play it.

4. General fighting game things Going over fighting game mentality, risk/reward evaluations, and match analysis will be important. These aspects are very rarely touched over by fight game literature.

5. Random fg related musings and notes

6. Event synopsis for travel, or whatever. Lots of people do these and like these. Would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment